05 August 2014

lean closet movement

through a youtube video, i stumbled upon a brand called, cuyana, & was immediately inspired by their lean closet movement. follow the link to learn about the project in detail.

i am a minimalist at heart & find pleasure in getting rid of unnecessary items, old clothes, "stuff" -- i am not a fan of "stuff." this movement/project/way of thinking & living had my name written all over it. in terms of fashion, i tend to gravitate towards simple basics that i can wear multiple ways, that are timeless, easy & light on the wallet. my go-to outfit is comprised of a neutral colored, loose-fitted top, dark-wash skinnies & my arizona oiled black birkenstocks. on hotter days, i'll trade my jeans for a high-waisted maxi skirt or cotton dress, still, keeping it neutral.

after spending time reading about the lean closet movement, i hit the ground running. i purchased two packs of wooden hangers from amazon to swap out for the plastic ones i had, & while i waited for them to arrive in the mail, i hit up pinterest for tips on closet organization.

when my hangers arrived, i locked myself in my vanity, turned on my music & went to work.







i sorted the piles into keep, sell & donate. i've decided to create an instagram shop (@shop_mxnica) which is where i'll be wheelin' & dealin' & what i'll be working on this week. i've got a lot "stuff" so if you're interested & have an ig account, follow on! (& while you're there, add my personal account, too! @mxnica)

it feels good to narrow down my closet to what i really & truly go for on the daily. unfortunately, the majority of my current wardrobe consists of long-sleeves, knit sweaters, jackets, & cardigans -- i swear, i'm not built for the summertime. with that said, i'll leave a link to another lovely brand, everlane, that specializes in high-quality basics & staples. i love their u-neck tees!

i hope i inspire at least one person with this "lean closet" & "fewer better" mentality. it can be applied to more than just clothes.

-m

No comments:

Post a Comment